Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikram Kumar Saathiri (Government Servant)     15 May 2020

Video taping the government employee

Sir / Madam

I would like to know whether it is legal to video tape the Government Employee on duty, without his/her consent, by a private person.  Can we lodge a complaint against a person for video taping the Government Employee on duty, with out any permission.

Regards,

Vikram Kumar Saathiri

Learning

3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     15 May 2020

Hi,

If you are caught in trap doing illegal things in that case you cannot raise any complaint for video tapping against the person.

Regards,

1 Like

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     15 May 2020

I agree with the opinion of Expert Mr. SHIRISH PAWAR,

1 Like

Vikram Kumar Saathiri (Government Servant)     03 June 2020

Thank you for the reply Sir. I agree with you, but  these days few people are barging into the offices and government establishments and making video's of the employee's and are making false allegations, just to draw some attention.  One person tried to provoke the  public in general and tried to defame the employees by making false propoganda and circulated the video on whatsapp. He created lot of nuisance at the Government establishment.  The department has conducted an enquiry on the allegations in presence of the person who has video taped.  The person has admitted that he has made the video, as there was a miscommunication. There was no wrong from the department side.  How to handle such persons.

Thanks again,

Vikram Kumar Saathiri  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register