LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Royston   12 May 2020

Leakage from above flat

Dear Sirs I love in Mira rd , there is a leakage from the flat above mine due to which my hall ceiling has been damaged, now also in the passage area between hall and bedroom there is a leakage from the ceiling and continuously drop of water is falling due to which i have place a bucket there. I have i formed society verbally but they are always uninterested in any issues, alai i firmed owner of above flat and he says leakage is not form his flat, due to lockdown I am unable to get any plumber to check the leakage. Can you please advise when i arrange a plumber who is responsible to pay for the work to be done and secondly what about the damage that it has caused my ceiling, i am also afraid of water enters the light socket it can be dangerous, can you please advise as to what are the options i can pursue and who has to bear the costs. Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     12 May 2020

1. As per Model Bye Laws, expenses for fixing leakage has to be borne by upper & lower floor flat owners.

2. You can also lodge written complaint (online portal) of the Municipal Corporation and request for legal action.

3. For Plumbers search the internet.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 May 2020

You can issue a Notice to Secretary of Society and seek his interference for amicable carrying out the repairs as both owners have to suffer in long run.

Royston   13 May 2020

Thanks a lot for ur reply sire

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 May 2020

The property is siuated at Mira Road which falls within Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation. It is not known whether the said local body is having an efficient system as Mumbai Municipal Coporation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register