Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harshad Chavan   11 May 2020

Is Appointment letter is a valid contract?

I have signed an appointment letter with no letter head or company stamp on it. that letter mentions that if I resign then I have to serve 2 months notice period or pay 3 month salary. Now in lockdown period they have cancelled saturday offs, holidays, monthly paid leaves. I want to leave the company without notice because then that 2 months will be full of harrasment. My question is that the appointment letter is valid or not? If I abscond the company without any notification, then can company take any legal action against me?

Learning

7 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 May 2020

Once you have signed the appointment letter and joined the employment, it is a valid contract. You are under the obligation to serve the Notice Period. If you abscond, the employer can initiate legal action, but only a civil action. However, such a conduct may adversely affect your future employment prospects .

1 Like

Harshad Chavan   11 May 2020

I don't want any due salary or certificate. I just want to know what extent to legal action can be taken? Being an IT company, can press charges of data breach or anything assets related, however I don't uave any physical assets with me.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     12 May 2020

Originally posted by : Harshad Chavan
I don't want any due salary or certificate. I just want to know what extent to legal action can be taken? Being an IT company, can press charges of data breach or anything assets related, however I don't uave any physical assets with me.

Yes, they can bring charges of data breach. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 May 2020

The author only knows if he has indulged in data breach.

Harshad Chavan   13 May 2020

i have bot indulged in any data breach but they are threating me of it.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     13 May 2020

They may bring a charge of data breach. Whether the managment will be able to establish such charges or not before the Court of law is totally a different issue.

However, you will have to spend money and time for your defence. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 May 2020

In life, there are so many things that may happen or  not happen. Life would be a non-starter if you wish to settle all those issues. Be confident of yourself if you are certain of yourself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register