LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Suryawanshi   05 May 2020

housing society maintenance charge !!

i am owner of 2 bhk flat and my query is before possession i paid 18 months maintenance charges to builder and builder agreed orally that this maintenance charges will consider in account only post possession but now at the time of society handover he told that MC was applicable from the date of agreement not from the date of possession.

Pls guide me !!

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 May 2020

Form a group with others to whom builder has made such promises, as maintenance begins only after giving possession and during enjoyment. and then issue a legal notice and depending on response file a consumer complaint as the costs may not be more than Rs.500/- if you appear as party in person.

1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     05 May 2020

The maintenance has to be paid from the date of possession or as agreed as per the registered agreement of sale.
1 Like

Thanks Sir

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 May 2020

You can give complaint to R.E.R.A. officials for your grievance regarding maintenance rights

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 May 2020

RERA has no jurisdiction on the subject.

Do you have any receipt for the amount paid by you on account of maintenance for the period mentioned by you ? If so, write an application to the Management / RWA (as the case may be).

1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     05 May 2020

Dear querist,

You are liable to pay maintenance charges from the date of possession. However scrtinize your agreement from local advocate to know the exact liability.

Regards,
1 Like

Thanks for your reply, yes i have receipt of payment from builder & its cheque payment but nowhere mentioned in receipt that its for MC.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     05 May 2020

Builder has to submit the accounts to the society after its registration, your matter will be cleared once your society is registered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register