LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesh Pandit (Manager)     13 April 2010

Agricultural Land Partnership

I own an agricultural  land with 17 other partners who want to sale the land to a third party which is a private company. Do I have the first right to buy the propoerty if I am ready to pay more amount to my partners? I would like to keep the land. However, my land gets no value or value is reduced significantly if the surrounding land is sold to third parties/party.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     13 April 2010

what you can do is make offer to your partners 

as you are partner the whole land will be in joint name. then in that case they require you also to sign the said sale deed and therefore you can make the things in your favour.

1 Like

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     13 April 2010

in the first place, u people will have to obtain permission under section 63 of Bombay Tenancy and Agricultural Lands Act since the company may not be the agriculturist. You can retain the land by executing a sale deed between you and Partnership and the land owned by the partnership will be conveyed to you. But if u r not agriculturist then partnership firm too may will have to obtain permission under section 63.

1 Like

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     21 April 2010

you can

1 Like

Yogesh Pandit (Manager)     22 April 2010

Dear Sir,

I aprreciate your response. What does 'you can' mean ?

- I have a right to buy ( as the other party has already sold it to the third party qhich is a private company)

or

- Only if the other co-owners/other partner allow then I can buy?

I am not sure how I can force the buyer who has paid money to the other partners to give the land to me.

Thank you,

Regards.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I am an agriculturist. I have the certificate. I want to buy the land from the other partners or from the buyer who has paid the other partners. Do I have a statutory right to buy the land first if the land is jointly bought. As my land gets no value if the land is split and I don't want to sell the land.

Secondly, the buyer of those right from partners is a private company. I read online that private company can not buy agricultural land. Is that correct?

Regards.

Thank you Sir for the response.

The right to the land has already been sold to third party by the partners. I want to claim my right to the land and I am willing to buy it. The question is, can I claim my right as a joint owner to have the authority to buy the land first that the third party. I feel cheated as after the devision my land has very less value.

Secondly the party that has bought is a private company and I am agriculturist. Not sure how to I can claim the right over the partners land.

Regards,

Yogesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register