LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tango Charlie (Freelancer)     19 April 2020

Railway fines and attestation dilemma

I was fined Rs. 340 by Police at a Railway Station for crossing the Railway Tracks. I was made to sign some papers and they took my name, father's name, contact and local police station name. An entry was made in the Police Diary as well with my contact. However, I did not get the receipt and paid at the Police Unit on the station itself. Now I am in a dilemma as what to do with the Attestation Form for Government Jobs. The questionnaire in the Self declaration attestation form goes like this : 12 (1) a) Have you ever been arrested? Yes/No b) Have you ever been prosecuted? Yes/No c) Have you ever been kept under detention? Yes/No d) Have you ever been bouned down? Yes/No e) Have you ever been fined by by a Court of Law? Yes/No f) Have you ever been convicted by a Court of Law for any offence? Yes/No What will be the answers to these questions so that I am not caught due to suppression of information? Will there be any impact to my chances of landing a Government Job? Please help.

Learning

4 Replies

Athee (No)     19 April 2020

This is a spot fine case not a heinous crime .u don't need to worry about future consequences for government jobs. this won't impact on civil service or any service. it's like when u riding ur bike without helmet after that police ask u to pay fine . Be safe stay home!
2 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 April 2020

The questionnaire is mostly on criminal acts punishable under the Indian Penal code and not for any other acts.  If such is the case and your fears, you might have paid fines for not wearing a helmet or triple riding or not carrying registration papers and there may be so many and a booklet may be needed to  enclose with the application.  Focus on preparation and forget about petty issues. (  I have my own doubts as they have not given any receipt to you and it is not also clear as to whether you have signed any paper or in a register.)

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 April 2020

You answer 'No" to all the information that has been sought.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 April 2020

I agree with experts you may mention "NO" in the form.

However, can you eleborate the offence and provision of Railway Act, 1989 wherein you were held guilty and fined for Rs. 340/- ??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register