Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailendra   01 March 2020

is interview possible for that post (Reserved for the physically handicapped person) where only candidate' form found eligible.

Good evening sir. I am physically handicapped.
I have completed my Mtech in Environmental Engineering and Management. I am pursuing my PhD and UGC NET qualified also.

Now I have been applied to 2 to 3 state and central universities for the assistant professor in Environmental Engineering which is reserved for the physically handicapped.
Usually, only my form is found eligible in those seats or I am the only applicant.
Mostly they does not entertaining my, candidature for interview.
When I asked this issue with some seniors they told because of lack of candidates, They didn't entertain my candidature as for interview.

Please sir suggest.

Shailendra

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 March 2020

What is the present issue bothering you?

it is left to the discretion of the employer to decide on recruitment because there is no other applicant for the post, it is not mandatory to appoint that candidate that alone applied.

A good employer can decide the suitability of employees by going through biodata or some other way.  A candidate may be eligible for the post, but it is not mandatory that he should alone be selected as the candidate may not deserve such post.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 March 2020

In my understanding, the lone applicant need not be appointed just as a matter of course; an interview or the required screening need to be conducted before offering appointing. However, it would be a travesty of justice if the lone applicant is denied appointment just because there is no other applicant. The judicious procedure would be to ascertain the suitability of the lone applicant through the prescribed procedure and offer him/her appointment, if found suitable.

1 Like

Shailendra   02 March 2020

Actually, they are not calling for interview itself.. Without interview how can I show my suitability.

I am M. Tech in environmental engineering with UGC NET qualified as UGC.
In my field there is very few physical physical challenged person. And very very less UGC NET.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 March 2020

You are very well qualified and eligible for the post.

However, there might be some specific reason, where you are not suitable for the appointment and non-calling you.

1 Like

Shailendra   03 March 2020

Thanks for all your comments

There was one post assistant professor for physically challenged person - OBC reserved. 8 candidates apply for that post, in that only my form found eligible (other don't belong to PWD, or relevant subject). Now some seniors are telling that as per UGC norms minimum three candidates should be able to interview.

I'm my subject(environmental engineering) overall India there is very few people as my knowledge.because Many places was alone candidate for serval organisation recruitment.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 March 2020

As already suggested, you may take up matter through a Writ petition. It is often that public authorities are reluctant in taking up the responsibility of correcting unintelligent procedures; a direction from the High Court is the best remedy. 

Sir OM Prakash, I have raise the issue with RTI and I have send the email to concern University registrar, but till now I didn't get reply.

Currently for other post interview is going on. So I am More concern. And in UGC guidelines for selection of assistant professor, there is no much clarity in this issue.

Yes sir thanks for sharing your valuable thoughts

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register