LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Procedure to obtain a certified copy of closed case / fir

What's the procedure to obtain a certified copy of closed case file. Pcr was called by relative and statements were taken of all family members when uncle was found dead postmortem revealed death was due to heart attack and not some foul play. I need a copy of all statements that were recorded by police. And all other detail pertaining to case. Can I seek such information under RTI when I am the one of the family member but not the complaint.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

All the copies of the case can be obtained throm the concerned court.

When there is a statute proceudure is prescribed to obatain all the certified copies of case, the RTI application may be a parallel poceeding which may be denied on the ground of 3rd party, etc though you can make an RTI application.

Regards

Balachander Reddy

Advocate

1 Like

(Guest)
Thanks for the response may I know what's the procedure to obtain a certified copy from court I only know the date of fir but not the fir number Regards
1 Like

Joy Bose   10 February 2020

Hello,

Please go to the police station where the case was registered. Ask the police officer there about the FIR number by telling them the date of the FIR. The police officer will check the previous records and let you know about the FIR number.

Regards

Joy Bose

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register