LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

imroz ali ahmed (self employed)     05 February 2020

Is it valid to execute a gift based only on revenue records

My  great grand father(SUNNI MUSLIM)  got property when he was alive . Nobody knows how he  got this property and there is no record for that except his name in PAD ADANGAL.Later after his death  property  transferred to his 2 daughters and there is no record or any evidence for that transfer.

His daughters (one is my grand mother and her sister ) mutated property  in revenue records and they  enjoyed  the same for 30 years .

My grand mother gifted her share to her sons and  daughter in laws  and didn’t  gave anything to her daughters .

My grand mother was unaware of gift and her sons obtained her signatures fraudulently(there is no proof). Last year she passed away. 

My query – Any property without any documents is transferable or not ?

Is it valid to execute a gift deed based on Revenue records ?

Can government claim this property ?

Please suggest.

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   05 February 2020

On available revenue documents she has gifted it if it is done with fraud then her legal heirs can challenge it in civil court.

(Guest)

Alienation of any immovable property without absolute title and ownership, possession is non est in the eye of law.

Alienation of any immovable property in any manner such as sale, gift etc, merely on the basis of the Revenue records of the Govt. doesnot confer any legal title. Such revenue records are only meant for payment of taxes to Govt. The same position has been clarified by Supreme Court in a catena of judgments.

Hence the alleged gift deed doesnot confer any legal title to the donee. The same can be challanged at any point in time.

Regards

Balachander Reddy

Advocate

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register