Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay (Engineer)     13 April 2010

Divorce

Hi All,

I am a hindu, in love with a muslim married girl. She stays in Delhi along with her husband who is twice her age, since 6 yrs of marriage. She is issueless and depressed as her husband is not fulfilling her marital rights.She has to suffer physical & mental violation from her husband and wants to get seperated. I happened to meet her 1 yr back and was very sorry to see her pity state, full of depression & emotions. I started to care for her and fell in love with her. She is now ready to stay with me as she confides in me and finds in me a caring partner.I told her that without obtaining a divorce, it would be foolish for both of us to move ahead because of legal constraints.She is afraid of the consequences to ask her husband for a divorce, instead she wants to desert her husband and flee with me without his knowledge.He doesn't have any idea about our affair / relation. What shall be the legal consequences I have to face, if I elope with her and her husband files a complaint in the police station about his absconding wife. Is it possible for her to stay with me in Mumbai and file a petition for divorce under the dissolution of muslim marriage act,1939. Will the charges of elopement against me be withheld if the divorce case is filed and the hearing pending before the court..Even in case of filing a petition, I still have to wait for a minimum period of 6 months to 1 year for the final hearing and dissolution.Pls advice and suggest as how this matter can be solved at the earliest. Also, give me some reference of lawyers from Delhi dealing with family laws. 

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

1. Just one que. - what guarantee you have that she will not do the same thing to you one fine day if she finds a more better suiter than you and her previous husband? Afterall all 'love' of presented kinds are never forever, Sir do you agree to this !
2. The most gracious thing she should be suggested to do is, if she finds current Mr. X incompatiable is to approach him directly and seek graciously divorce with no bars attached. Most men do understand such complexeties of age issues. He will free her and then rest will be history between you and her.
Rgds.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     14 April 2010

Long ordial ahead.

Sanjay (Engineer)     14 April 2010

Will you please post a few references of lawyers practising in family law in New Delhi

S.N.RAJU (PA TO JUDGE)     14 April 2010

Sanjay if you eloped with that girl her husband may be filed a criminal case against you as the girl is married woman, until her divorce you cannot lead life with her under one roof, which is an offence under Indian Penal code.  In this case I am giving a suggestion that first of all the girl will approach before family court and file divorce petition, after obtaining divorce you will marry her again.

1 Like

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     14 April 2010

She has to file the case of divorce and till then you should not be in picture else everything will be blamed upon you and may be police arrest you for doing this illegal work of seducing a married woman.

It does not matter who decided to run but the full blame will be upon you. So the best idea is first tell her to leave her husband place and went to her family/ father house and file divorce case on various grounds which we will guide you or your lawyer to whom you will hire.

Then after getting divorce, you can marry her.

We have branch in Delhi also. but plz infrom where the parents of the girl reside coz she can also file the case where the parents of the girl reside.

Plz confirm and we will guide you thoroughly.

Regards

Kamal Grover

Advocate

09814110005She has to file the case of divorce and till then you should not be in picture else everything will be blamed upon you and may be police arrest you for doing this illegal work of seducing a married woman.

It does not matter who decided to run but the full blame will be upon you. So the best idea is first tell her to leave her husband place and went to her family/ father house and file divorce case on various grounds which we will guide you or your lawyer to whom you will hire.

Then after getting divorce, you can marry her.

We have branch in Delhi also. but plz infrom where the parents of the girl reside coz she can also file the case where the parents of the girl reside.

Plz confirm and we will guide you thoroughly.

Regards

Kamal Grover

Advocate

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register