Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surendhar Rocky   15 January 2020

vehicle loan surety relive

Hi sir / madam

Im surendhar i working in apollo hospital, My brother Mr selvam apply vehicle loan in sriram funds on 21/jun/2017 Rs 275000/- and Rs 299000/- another vehicle loan on same date, im just sign for surety, he is not paying properly past 2 years, so they upload the loan amount in my cibil so my cibil score was poor, it was affecting my carrier, i was unable to apply loan and not able to go bank jobs so pls help me let it out

Learning

3 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     16 January 2020

It's not "just signing" surety. By signing Surety, you undertook to pay the loan if the original borrower does not pay. The way out for you is to honour what you had undertaken by signing the Surety viz.,either you paying the loan or making the original borrower to pay the loan. Till then your CIBIL rating shall not improve. Besides bad CIBIL rating, you may have to face legal action by the Finance Company in your capacity as Surety to the loan.
1 Like

Surendhar Rocky   16 January 2020

the only option is borrower should pay the entire amount otherwise the surety person cibil score does not improve right sir, is there any any other option sir ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 January 2020

guarantor guarantees to pay a borrower's debt in the event the borrower defaults on a loan obligation. A guarantor is also someone who verifies the identity of a person. The guarantor guarantees a loan by putting up their assets as collateral.

Becoming a guarantor for a loan is a huge responsibility. It means you are providing a guarantee to the lender that you shall repay the debt of the borrower if he fails to refund the same. If the vehicle was ceased by the bank , then it is duty of the bank to recover the defaulted amount after selling the same.

Surety is the guarantee of the debts of one party by another. A surety is the organization or person that assumes the responsibility of paying the debt in case the debtor policy defaults or is unable to make the payments. The party that guarantees the debt is referred to as the surety, or as the guarantor

Therefore if you do not cooperate with the finance company then your cibil scores may be adversely affected.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register