LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paramasivam Ramakrishnan   23 December 2019

Cab 2019

Please make me clear. Actually as per Section 6 I.e. Citizenship by Naturalisation, if you are living in India(Not as Illegal migrants) for 11 years you can get Citizenship. As per the cab bill, if a Pakistani start living from 2008 as a legal immigrant , can he able to get the citizenship.

Learning

4 Replies

Sb Karma   26 December 2019

Without application approval they can't

1 Like

Paramasivam Ramakrishnan   30 December 2019

Karma Sir, Thanks for the reply. So the people from other than three countries(Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan) can able to get a citizenship with valid docs and applications that too without any break , if they stayed in for 11 years in India? Am I right?

Sb Karma   30 December 2019

Originally posted by : Paramasivam Ramakrishnan
Karma Sir,
Thanks for the reply. So the people from other than three countries(Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan) can able to get a citizenship with valid docs and applications that too without any break , if they stayed in for 11 years in India? Am I right?

Yes other remain people not fall under CAA....they are already INDIAN

Sb Karma   30 December 2019

Originally posted by : Paramasivam Ramakrishnan
Karma Sir,
Thanks for the reply. So the people from other than three countries(Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan) can able to get a citizenship with valid docs and applications that too without any break , if they stayed in for 11 years in India? Am I right?

And yes if you are trying to asked under NRC...then wait for update from GOVT.

Because earlier NRC was only for Assam not for entire Country....so we can not assume that all country  need to follow same rule...for entire country we need to wait for rules and regulation update from Govt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register