LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari Krishna   09 December 2019

Adjournment

How many times can a judge adjourn the hearing if the respondent advocate does not appear?For my case the respondent advocate repeatedly not appearing for hearing and I have to wait many days again for my case to appear in the list.Plz advice.

Learning

11 Replies

Shashi Dhara   09 December 2019

Usually three to four times or on discretion of court.
1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 December 2019

Ask your advocate to file a petition drawing to the attention of the court, the previous dates, the dates of absence to the court the regular delinquency of the defendant to delay the proceedings, and pray for a fixed date finally.  On one hand, everyone wants for quick disposal and in practice deliberately delay the proceedings with their absence or filing vexatious IAS to protract the issue.

TGK REDDI   10 December 2019

Costs are often allowed in such cases.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 December 2019

Such costs mostly may not exceed Rs.500/- and the adjournment will be for further one month atleast.  

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 December 2019

Your lawyer who is well informed about facts of the case, an intelligent, competent and able enough to clarify your query. S/he has been engaged / paid by you for the purpose and is the best person to advise.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 December 2019

Your lawyer who is well informed about facts of the case, an intelligent, competent and able enough to clarify your query. S/he has been engaged / paid by you for the purpose and is the best person to advise.

TGK REDDI   12 December 2019

How does Dr. JC Vashista know that the lawyer of the Questioner is so agile and able?

Is a lawyer wise simply by virtue of his profession?

If one is to depend on their lawyer so exclusively, what, then, is the use of lawyersclubindia?

He almost always posts ridiculous inputs.

Hari Krishna   01 January 2020

Sir, what is the name of such petition?

TGK REDDI   01 January 2020

Respondent?     Neither Defendant nor Accused.

Defendant means Civil Matter.   Accused means Criminal Matter.     Respondent means either.

If it's Civil Matter, the name of the Petition is Interim Application ( I A ); if it's Criminal Matter, its name is Criminal Miscellaneous Petition ( Crl. M. P. )

1 Like

Hari Krishna   01 January 2020

Sir,it's service matter ?

TGK REDDI   01 January 2020

Please elaborate your question above.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register