LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramakrishnaraju (Asst.)     30 November 2019

Cheque bounce and case in 138

My cousin  had to give the cheques forcebily for his father's loan.  Immediately he gave a complaint in the Commissioner of Police and  it went to the  concerned police  station where he resides.  The inspector who enquired my cousin, his father, mother (both aged) and made it clear to the other party that though my cousin't father had to give the money, you can settle it separately and he instructed the Sub- Inspector to collect the Cheque from the other party.  My cousin's mother gave a written statement in which  she clearly mentioned that her husband will try to clear the dues but the cheques are handed over to the SUB-INSPECTOR.  Almost after a week, the Sub-Inspector had an understanding with the  other party and handed over the cheques and he promptly deposited and got it bounced.  He made a complaint in a District court under 138.  The statement made by the other party on that day was different and subsequently he has changed everything.  This my cousin advocate could get it through RTI.  My cousin is in tremendous pressure.   I told him to sue the Sub- Inspector  with a defamation suit for 1 crore as the cheques are worth Rs.5000000/-(Rupees Fifty lakhs).  Will it stand in the testemony of the court or how to go about.  Whether my advice is correct as he is afriad that Police will harrasse him and his family.

Learning

3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     30 November 2019

Dear Mr. Ramkrishnarju,

Lodge complaint against the sub-inspector to police commissioner office as he has misused your cheuqe.

Regards,

1 Like

Ramakrishnaraju (Asst.)     01 December 2019

Sir

It is about  3 years back and can it be possible by him now to make a compliant with the Police Commissioner.  If that is not taken the logical conclusion, my cousin afraids that he will be harassed to the core by the Sub-Inspector or by that Police Station. Will it have any impication on the outcome of the District Court case?  If the court acquits, he says he will be happy, but unwilling to make a complaint with the commssio

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     01 December 2019

is any details or evidence regarding submission of cheques to concerned police officer? It is blang cheque or filled cheques?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register