LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

minal   23 November 2019

help.... son harassing widow mother for property

is ther any way tat my widow mother 75yrs who is living alone, get the court order,without filing a suit , restraining my brother from entering the house, who is raudy n giving threats to my mother to kill her, ....i have already fiiled NC in police station against him......he is telling i also have rit to live in my father house.....but.my father had witten a will before he died on plain paper with witness signed, n mention no share to his two sons. my father has written house to b given to my wife n daughters. but now as my mother is old n if she can not go to court to probate will and also dont hv enough money, and the legal procedure wil take time. so can she show tat will to police and get help ??? can police restrain my brother from entering the house...my mother is 75yrs old n afraid tat if he come to house he wil harass n kill her....kindly guide can v get something help from police or court...???

Learning

6 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     23 November 2019

Dear minal.

You have to get will probated from court to transfer the flat in mother and your name. For harrassment your mother can approach police station senior citizen cell. 

Regards,

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   23 November 2019

As your mother is senior citizen let she file complaint in court so court will order to take action against him to protect her.and also file maintenance suit against him .
1 Like

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     23 November 2019

file Application under Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007
1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 November 2019

Where is your mother situated?  Probate of will is required only in the metropolitan cities of Kolkatta, Mumbai and Chennai.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 November 2019

contact thana.

minal   24 November 2019

but to probate will it required lot of money and time......can he enter the house like tat??? or he has to file suit for share in flat, at that time i can show tat will and let him challenge the will......what say

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register