Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha (Software Engineer)     20 November 2019

Presenting in first hearing "in person" without a lawyer possible?

We could not hire a lawyer yet to fight for our case which my father has issued against us. On 25th we have to appear at the court for a divorce petition, so can my mother appear "in person" at the court. She is 66 years old and I can't accompany her due to an exam scheduled on the same day at a different location. What difficulties she might face there if she appears alone? What formalities I should complete in advance.

Learning

6 Replies

Sb Karma   20 November 2019

Originally posted by : Neha
We could not hire a lawyer yet to fight for our case which my father has issued against us. On 25th we have to appear at the court for a divorce petition, so can my mother appear "in person" at the court. She is 66 years old and I can't accompany her due to an exam scheduled on the same day at a different location. What difficulties she might face there if she appears alone? What formalities I should complete in advance.

Go to the local court bar association and find secretary(bar)

and explain your problem they will help you,even on your exam date they will assist your mother

because generally they provide many legal help without any cost to the needy people..

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 November 2019

It is presumed that your father filed against your mother as it is a divorce case and not "against us".  Your mother can appear before the court and pray for time to appoint a lawyer and for other purposes.

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 November 2019

The case is filed against your mother right ? So what is the worry,let her  hire some lawyer who would appear and seek time to file the written statement.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 November 2019

Otherwise also divorce cases take a life to settle ..don worry if she goes alone she too much of room to take oppurtunities to file any defence...it is along way to go.

1 Like

Neha (Software Engineer)     21 November 2019

Thank you all for the reply and support.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     21 November 2019

W/come...............

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register