LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

flawlessking (programmer)     13 October 2019

Brother asking share in Self acquired property

I bought one property in year 2000 for 6 lacs and took 25000 rs as a help from mother, now after so many years the property is worth 60L and my brother is asking for his share !! my mother passed away intestate, it's my self acquired property...the fact is when my mother gave me 25000, she also gave him 25000 but he is shamelessly denying the fact. My 3 sisters and there husband's are witness to this and they are in my favour. How can I shut him up legally

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 October 2019

You can not stop anyone proceeding against you, and you can only defend that litigation in such court.  Borrowing money from members of a family while constructing house is not strange or new, and that borrowing may not give ownership title to mother or someone to claim a share.  Do not be disturbed by such threats, and as you are in possession since 2000, the chances of filing a suit are very remote.  Before filing a suit, there si a process of replying to a notice from your brother, and entrust this reply to an expert advocate for deft drafting.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     14 October 2019

If the property is in your name by sale then forget whatever he says. He cannot do anything just tell him to go to court of law. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 October 2019

You have the absolute discretion to ignore his demand.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register