Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandhya korade   24 September 2019

Deceased Bank Account closure

Dear Sir,
Please be informed that my mother passed away on 18th Aug 2019 due to prolonged cancer.

The Mediclaim company deposited reimbursement claim amount in her account on 12th September 2019 after her death.

As I wanted to repay the dues and outstandings which I had taken from friends and family for my mother's treatment, hence unknowingly I withdrew some amount through online transfer from her account on 14th Sep and 15th September.

when I came to know that I can not use the deceased Bank account then I visited the branch and informed them.

Bank has freezed the account and kept the balance amount on hold.

Bank manager told me that u should not use the deceased account now it will be escalated to the banks higher authorities and it could take time to release the balance amount.

Bank manager asked me to discuss this with legal person.

Please suggest me.

I am completely exhausted. I lost my mother and now this is happening with me.

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     24 September 2019

You cannot use your mother's account obviosuly.

You should immediatly apply for Succession certificate in the District court  for the property of your mother(here you need to mention the amount and bank details)  ,the court would issue a certificate that you being legally the successor of the deceased are authorised to receive the amount of money. 

If their are other heirs then they should testify in your favour pleading no objection. You can consult some advocate to obtain the certificate.

1 Like

sandhya korade   24 September 2019

Will I be penalised by the bank or any legal case will be filed against me

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 September 2019

Since the account being that of your mother and she being dead there won't be any complaint ,better to settle with bank and keep the evidance for the money you spend on; The debts upon the treatment of your mother should be in the shape of receipts .

Just forget that part start obtaining the legal heir/ sucession certificate to avoid any trouble.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register