Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesh Bhatt (Company Secretary)     06 April 2010

Mamorandum of Understanding

hi,

1.) Can any one tell me diff between MOU & Agreement.

and 2 ) and Agreement and Conveyance

Regards

Yogesh Bhatt.

Learning

16 Replies

Pls help me urgent.

niranjan (civil practice)     06 April 2010

Memorandum of understanding is a stage to reach the final agreement.Agrement to sale requires registration.The conveyance is sale deed on proper stamp paper ad requires registratio.
1 Like

Is Mou is most same like Agreement and drafting content same like agreement content ?

it should on stamp paper ?

Rajesh Singh (Advocate)     06 April 2010

Memorandum of  Understanding is the company's charter which gives all the information about what all things company can do and perform. Agreement is the contract which is entered by two parties to perform the specific or non specific act or job within stipulated time for consideration. Conveyance is a sale agreement acknowledged by the notary.

Dear , sir i m not talking about MOA ( memorandum of artical ) , can give idea about Memorandum of Understanding.

Regards,

Yogesh

Mou is  rule book of the company defining the limitation of its business and work or contract which can be taken by the company. For doing any job outside its scope it has to take approval from the board of directors and its member and accordingly has to pass the same in resolution and then get it registered for eg. if the company wants to divert or start some new business then MOU has to be amended and after getting the nod from Registrars office then only the new business can be continued in legal terms.

There is difference in agreement drafting and MOU drafting.

Dear sir,

again i m telling u What u r explaining is MOA & AOA of company.

which i m asking is MOU ( memorandum of understanding ) which usually use for as explain in short by mr niranjan.

Pls tell me about MOU vs AGREEMENT.

Is Mou is most same like Agreement and drafting content same like agreement content ?

i am sorry misunderstood ..

can u tell abt MOU..

(Guest)

MOU is putting in writing the oral terms and modalities to be adopted by the parties concerned. It is not legally challengeable. It need not be on a stamp paper too. It's just an understanding. The MOU is not binding on third parties. Whereas the Agreement is legally recognised. It has legal force against the other parties to the agreement such as specific performance. It shall be on a stamp paper of Rs.20/- above and attested by two witnesses. It may be registered in the S.R.O., for abundant caution and better legal recognition.

1 Like

Thanks to all .

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     08 April 2010

now u would have undrestood the understanding .better go to legal dictionary

1 Like

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     09 April 2010

A proposal when accepted becomes a promise, and every promise and every set of promises forming the consideration for each other is an agreement -S.2 (e) Indian contract Act 1872

Conveyance is transfers of property movable or immovable on sale or otherwise to put it in a single sentence, it has an exhaustive meaning.

Memorandum of understanding is an agreement; it is compilation of terms and conditions of parties to an agreement.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register