Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaganpreet Singh   11 July 2019

Benefit of contractual employees under court case

Hi,

My wife is working in Punjabi University Patiala as Assistant Professor Since 4th Feb, 2010 on Contractual Basis.

She has been appointed by proper channel through advertisement in newspaper. 

At that time, she was MBA Holder and pursuing PHD.

She has been given extension time to time with no break.

In November university relieved her saying that she is not qualified for the post as per UGC norms (although she was on extension that time). 

We filed a case in High Court CWP/25696/2013 for the same and it is linked with Supreme Court same nature of Case SLP (C)/7277/2014.

She had completed here PHD and has been awarded Degree in March, 2014 (Now she is eligible as per the UGC Norms)

Now university has revised the salaries of all contract assistant professors from 21600 to 30000 from 1st July, 2018

Its been an year she did not get the incremental salary as University says that you are under court case.

Please guide for the same that how we should proceed to get our rights.

Thanks,
Gagan

Learning

5 Replies

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

Yes after we filed case then high court put a stay and she got reinstated without any single day break (from the day of joining). 

Presently she is working on the same post (Assistant Professor) with same duties being perfomed by regular Assistant Professor.

Regards,
Gagan

I would like to say great thanks to you for your support sir in this matter and its really appreciable. I hope you will show me the roadmap to get justice and getting same benefits to my wife which all other contract emplyees are getting or will get in future.

Sir my wife is still getting old scale Rs 21,600. All the other contract assistant professors in the university are getting new pay scale of Rs 30,000 salary which were not under court case. 

We have been following up the university since 6 months but they said they are thinking of it.

We had discussed about the status of our case CWP/25696/2013 with our Advocate and he said its linked with SLP (C)/7277/2014 and he cannot do anything till  there is any verdict from Supreme Court.

Gaganpreet Singh   12 July 2019

Hi Sir,

Can you please give your opinion as i have answered your query that she is still getting old pay scale.

Thanks,

Gagan

Sure Sir, you can call me anytime.

May i also have your contact number please.

Sorry Sir, but i didn't get it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register