Swati Chaudhari   26 June 2019

Training Contract with penal provisions of non adherance to contract terms

I am employed with a multinational company wherein at the time of employment we were being offered point to point pick-up drop services to & fro from the Company. I was on probation for the first 6 months & then after 6 months was confirmed as a permanant employee. After making me a permanant employee I was given an opportunity for a company sponsered training of 15 days in a foreign country, after returning from so called training wherein we really did the same work that we do from India with the only addition of Company tour & personal introduction of employees with whom we normally intereacted over phone & email. After I returned to India the company signed with me a training agreement wherein they said that i was to work for the company for a period of two years from the date of return from foreign training visit failing which i would be required to compensate the Company to the tune of Rs.1.50 Lakhs. This amount would be proportionately reduced although at a percentage baised in favour of them as i served the period. Suddenly last month the Company has announced to stop the pick-up & drop facility. instead company is offering conveyance to us. but since i am staying very far from the company & also suffering from medical conditions which make it almost impossible for me to travel so far on my own using conventional modes of transport. I tendered my resignation, now the company is pressurising me repay the balance amount of training expenses. i cannot compensate the amount. 
please guide me,what shoudl i do in this situation.