LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swati Chaudhari   26 June 2019

Training Contract with penal provisions of non adherance to contract terms

I am employed with a multinational company wherein at the time of employment we were being offered point to point pick-up drop services to & fro from the Company. I was on probation for the first 6 months & then after 6 months was confirmed as a permanant employee. After making me a permanant employee I was given an opportunity for a company sponsered training of 15 days in a foreign country, after returning from so called training wherein we really did the same work that we do from India with the only addition of Company tour & personal introduction of employees with whom we normally intereacted over phone & email. After I returned to India the company signed with me a training agreement wherein they said that i was to work for the company for a period of two years from the date of return from foreign training visit failing which i would be required to compensate the Company to the tune of Rs.1.50 Lakhs. This amount would be proportionately reduced although at a percentage baised in favour of them as i served the period. Suddenly last month the Company has announced to stop the pick-up & drop facility. instead company is offering conveyance to us. but since i am staying very far from the company & also suffering from medical conditions which make it almost impossible for me to travel so far on my own using conventional modes of transport. I tendered my resignation, now the company is pressurising me repay the balance amount of training expenses. i cannot compensate the amount. 
please guide me,what shoudl i do in this situation.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register