Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohini Hamkar   02 May 2019

Huge 5 feet shoe rack which is fixed to the common area wall is acceptable by the law or not

I just wanted to ask about the query that in a Society near my house next to my apartment we have an l shaped entrance to a flat so therefore on the ending of the l shaped we have a neighbour who has made a wooden 5 to 6 feet cupboard type shoe rack in l shaped manner which is very much irritating and frustrating by the entrance or towords entrance to my flat.
I just wanted to ask about this to Forum on the management that this kind of Huge rocks are acceptable or they are allowed in the common area passage where each and every person and each and every owner of the flat has the accessibility before I need an answer for this please help

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 May 2019

First, express your displeasure by means of complaint to Society and seek the rules under which such common area is permissible, and action was taken by them to discourage such inconvenient acts, spoiling the relations between neighbours.   Depending on their response report to Sub-Registrar.  Please understand the need for maintaining good neighbourly relations as both of you have to be in the same place for many years in future and express your objections to the owner in a polite and decent manner first.

1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     03 May 2019

The Law states that " 

All open /common spaces meant for use of all members eg, staircase, steps, landing areas, parking areas, lift, corridor, and such other spaces, cannot be occupied by any member for his own use. The use of such areas shall be restricted to the cause for which these are meant."

However, it will be prudent to settle the matter amicably, it is not advisable to take recourse to legal remedy against a neighbour.

1 Like

Rohini Hamkar   03 May 2019

Actually it's her behavior whi says and brings the matter towards law...we were never intrested
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register