LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manoj (Asst finance mng)     27 March 2010

Bank Ignorance

ICICI bank has charged me ECS return charges of Rs.276 . But the fact is its mistake of ICICI , because i dont have given cheque/ ecs authority to anybody.

Now my question is - I want to ue ICICI bank for ignorance & spoilaging  my image ,

Please help me out -  i am going to sue ICICI bankk through Banking Ombudsman  and i want sue ICICI for rs. 10,00,000,

please suggest me how i can do that. IF intrested in being my lawyer please do email me @

manojkukreja951@ gmail.com 

Learning

8 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 March 2010

Collection of  cheques deposited in your account too will attract clearing charges.So,please clarify  before intiating action.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     27 March 2010

Sir, you are in India - plz remember that.  You want to sue for 10 lacs?  for a mistake of Rs.276?  You will end up paying from your pocket towards legal expenses that will be beyond the compensation you will get as award from the court.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     29 March 2010

Look before you leap as suggested by Gundlapallis.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 March 2010

Have you received any memo from the bank informing you on some cheque being returned unpaid.If yes this memo will give the reason for return.

ECs return happens, if the balance in the concerned bank account is insufficient.

You have mentioned that the bank has levied charges for ECS return.Did you receive any info on this from the bank, e.g email, bank memo by courier.

If not then visit the bank, do not start a debate,tactfully collect copy of the bank statement, ECS/ Cheque return meme for your record.

If you have not signed or authorised any ECS from your bank account, point this out to the bank, and in case the bank informs you that they are in the possesion of some ECS authorisation by you, do not forget to obtain a copy of the same, without raising any debate.After having all these documents you shall be clear what has happenned.

If the bank has erred, the Branch Manager of the bank shall be happy to give you a waiver for Rs.276.00

Still if you are not satisfied you can persue for deficiency in service/unfair trade practice etc, however pls keep in mind the wise piece of advice from Mr.Gundlapallis.

1 Like

CA Adarsh Agrawal (CMD of SHAYVIDZ Group)     30 March 2010

Originally posted by :manoj
"
ICICI bank has charged me ECS return charges of Rs.276 . But the fact is its mistake of ICICI , because i dont have given cheque/ ecs authority to anybody.

Now my question is - I want to ue ICICI bank for ignorance & spoilaging my image ,

Please help me out - i am going to sue ICICI bankk through Banking Ombudsman and i want sue ICICI for rs. 10,00,000,

please suggest me how i can do that. IF intrested in being my lawyer please do email me @

manojkukreja951@ gmail.com
"

Dear Manoj !

I want suggest you that be practical & not emotional. Its really natural that you are angry with ICICI officials. but think for a while that how much time u'll spend in all these proceedings. & how much u earn in a day.

supoose u have to give time of around 15 working days and let us assume that a normal man earn Rs. 400 to 500 per day. It will cost 7500/- to recover Rs. 276 + damages (10 lacs not possible).

i have also faced this problem with ICICI bank. solution is that stop using ECS.

manoj (Asst finance mng)     31 March 2010

Hi,

Thanks

I recd  a call from customer care regarding - they are verfying the transaction. I hope what you said will happen.

Manoj

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     31 March 2010

Any recovery of charges would never construe insult to customer.  However, if any such wrongful recovery had led to dishonour of your cheque, then you are entitled to claim compensation for damages caused to your repute.

manoj (ACC Fin Mgr)     13 February 2014

Hello All,

Thanks for your guidance,

And sorry for my late response

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register