LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

allan (professional)     29 March 2010

Alternative for NO ID Proof

If a person does not have any form of Photo ID proof (PAN/Passport/Voters ID/ ... / .. ),

what alternative does the India legal system have, which is legally binding on the person ?

(which can stand a test in the court) ?

e.g. people in remote villages usually do not have any of these document, nor they are aware of any of these.

in many cases ladies even in cities do have these type of ID Proofs.

Learning

7 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     29 March 2010

People in village should be certain having the ration card and even voters card. Otherwise they can affirm an affidavit before the notary or get the tehsildar's certificate. The Post office also issues a certificate of residence on a nominal charges after due verification. 

vasudevan

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     30 March 2010

As Mr. Vasudevan said no villagers are well covered under ration cards, pattadar pass books, few might hold bank accounts and almost every one voter ID (thanks to our political parties - they leave no chance) - But as far as the postal certificate, the basis for issue of said certificate is Registered post.  That means, the addressee should have received registered post and basing on the record availabe with them they can certify residency of the person from the oldest date to the latest date - I add this just as an information on postal certificate.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     30 March 2010

Sir, I am a literate person and trying to get Voter Id past several years, but have failed to get one. I ahve applied several times for that. Some times they delete my name from voter list, some times they mistakes in spelling and father's name. Recently they have deleted my father's name, he is 78yrs old, how will he manage to run from office to office. I have fed up with their attitude and have leaved it as it is. They are so many people like me. I amd managing with DL and passport. In small towns and villages situation is horrible.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     30 March 2010

You are a 'literate' person.... no political party believes you...:)because you think and believe in secrecy of ballot and you dont openly support any party, so you deserve non-cooperation because you are nobody's - but, thats not the case in villages, each and every one is identified with affiliation to one party or the another and their party takes care that they do have voter ID card without problem. 

IF you are not attended to locally, write to your state election commission - giving all your details and previous efforts you undertook at the district office level.  OR even before that you can make a personal representation to the District Collector.

1 Like

Pradeep (Advocate)     30 March 2010

In such cases, best way of obtaining a proof of residence is to take a Certificate of Residence from the Tahasildar.

First, give a written application to the village accountant regarding the same, he will sign and give it, after which you need to submit to tahsildar to obtain the certificate.

The tahasildar of your area, will issue the certificate, which shall serve as a valid proof of residence.

In fact, even the secretary of Punchayat has the right to issue residence certificates, when it is for the passport verification, but i am not aware of its validity as an address  proof. 

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     30 March 2010

Though Photo ID, residential proof etc., are given, the registration department relies only on the thumb impression of the individual for identity for the registration of the documkents.Relying its fool-proof , the banks have now introduced ATM machines which identifies the account holder by the thumb impression.

BIKASH VISHWAKARMA (advocate)     27 April 2010

If possible than plz provide me the format of affidafit of notery

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register