LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajrealtor786@gmail.com   19 March 2019

PWDV ACT 2005

I got the notice of appearance under section 13 protection of women from domestic violence act 2005...My case is already in progress in family court for divorce. The story is like this: she left me 2 years back.than i placed the divorce file..since she is not here with me.ihave child 1:5 yr. I had two counselling session in family court. Now the thing is that i got PWDV notice from her side.. my question is did i really need take this seriously. I need to attend or not because my case is already in family court.. what she place is after 2 yrs. Which I didn't do anything to her..just mouth conversation happened than she left .. although I tried to convince her to come back she didn't came. Now what to do..?

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     19 March 2019

Notice or summon of the court should not be ignored or avoided otherwise exparte proceedings and order against you will follow that may result in order really detrimental in your interest. She must be demanding maintenance, place of residence and child custody from you in her DV petition, that you must defend.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 March 2019

Attend the proceeding, do not ignore or take it lightly.

Contest the case(s) as advised by the lawyer engaged by you.

Don't waiting/ accept any second opinion or advise of experts despite the fact it is available FREE OF COST.

1 Like

rajrealtor786@gmail.com   20 March 2019

In this notice my sister name is also mentioned but she is married 13 yrs of her marriage ..she don't stay with me is she is necessary to come for same. Address is mentioned in paper is my house. Pls help out what to do.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     10 April 2019

You have got the summomons for Dv matter.  Ypou have filed divorce petition and Dv matter has different consequences, implications and repurcussion.   So do not take it lightly, but do not take it seiously too, but do not ignore the matter.    You have to attend at least frst time while filing the say  Engage  good lawyer who will represent you on every court date..   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register