Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Yashod   14 March 2019

Action against branded beauty Salon in India?

Hi guys. i would like tell my story in short and any action against the salon is welcome as im not sure how to proceed.
I recently got married but my marriage day was ruined by the Lakme salon make up artist in Pune. My wife ( bride) had consulted the make up artist ( Mr
Prateek Hublikar) about month before marriage date and he looked promising after consultation. Marriage mahurat was at 7pm and bride had taken appointment at 4 pm as it takes 2-3 hours for bridal make up. Make up artist had assured that he will do justice to the job and will give 100% priority to bridal make up even in case of rush, hence was the prior appointment. But things turn out badlt on wedding day because the bridals make up was not started till 5.30 pm. somehow he started the work after 5.30pm only to leave intermittently all the time. Till 7.30 pm her make up was not done and because it was getting late for wedding the bride had to leave the salon for wedding without complete make up. We all know that every girl likes to look her best on her wedding day, but Mr. Prateek ruined it for my wife. He made the bride cried before marriage and she is still in shock and agony. Friends i really need your help to know what actions one can take against such cases?

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   14 March 2019

She can claim for damages only in civil court.
1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     14 March 2019

Get compensation and cost for deficiency of service from the service provider under the Consumer Protection Act.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register