LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dharmesh Tailor   01 March 2019

Resignation terms for public sector bank employee

I have been working in a public sector bank for 1.5 years as a single window operator (clerk ).
In this duration i have taken 7 sick leaves and 13 days for loss of pay. Yesterday when I applied for resignation the HR told me to bring the medical certicates for all my sick leaves and also for my "loss of pay" period.
I want to know that is there any rule that I have to submit medical certificate for no work no pay period and can I give private MBBS doctor's medical certficate for the sick leaves.
Please tell me notice period for clerk in PSB.

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 March 2019

In the case of Banks, there are awards and well laid down, time-proven policies.  As per rules and regulations, before reporting for duty after sick leave, the employee has to provide a fitness certificate in which earlier sickness might also find a mention.  Contact your Union, as there is no such rule in either Bipartite agreement or in any awards.   Respond only if there is a written demand.  There is a coordination committee in each District and approach them if the employer demands it in writing.

Even for loss of pay, if the grounds are for sick, one has to produce medical certificate and providing fitness certificate before joining duty is a must.  Demanding at this point of time is ridiculous.  Let everything be in writing and your union can find an interesting issue to get name and fame by raising the issue at this crucial juncture where talks failed.

Ask a friend or relative to file RTI Application in his name and seek information from that PSB, which is PSU.

Information solicited:

1.Please provide the copy of Banks rules and regulations that specifically state the stipulation on the period of notice given for resigning the job by award staff.

2.Please provide the copy of  such stipulation that states that an Award staff has to submit medical certificates, after several months if he wants to resign from services of the Bank.

Notice period is 90 days.  Go to any library or any bank union office and you can get the copy of that stipulation

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 March 2019

Approach local association of the Bank.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 March 2019

Bank employees and their unions are smart without any doubt.  They can fight it out if they come to know of what is the Norm/rules and regulations/ laid down law.   We can only guide them to look for such laid down rules.  Infact, no one loves Unions, and at the most use them to their advantage in necessity as they pay hefty premiums/subscripttions to Union without using any of their services.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register