Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anshul Garg   11 February 2019

inherited property to be registered in son's name

Sir my father expired 5 years back,
We were not able to locate house property papers which were earlier in pocession and registered on my father name.
Me and 2 brothers have poa from my father( granting rights to pay tax, sell, rent out etc for property).

Now we want to get the property Registered at our name.
How can we transfer name without original property papers.
My father purchased same in 1985year, in Delhi.
I don't have any other info

Learning

6 Replies

Shashi Dhara   12 February 2019

If he purchased it in 1985 t.hen ugo to subregistrar office apply for certified copies of sale deed or apply for e.c for yrs 1982to 1987.all the transactions will be entered in ec. With that certified documents u apply to register it to Ur name.
1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     12 February 2019

You got power of attorney given by your father, although that had come to end as soon he died but the property details must have been mentioned in it. Secondly most properties in Delhi is under DDA, to check the details of the property of your father, it is advised to check with DDA and take necessary steps for transfer of the property in your names, also get heirship certificate from the SDM office of your district, that you can check and apply online in Delhi district website.

Anshul Garg   12 February 2019

Originally posted by : Shashi Dhara
If he purchased it in 1985 t.hen ugo to subregistrar office apply for certified copies of sale deed or apply for e.c for yrs 1982to 1987.all the transactions will be entered in ec. With that certified documents u apply to register it to Ur name.

Thanks Ma'am for guidance.
Please tell me what is EC?
Also what reference documents do i need to apply for certified copies?

Anshul Garg   12 February 2019

Originally posted by : Vijay Raj Mahajan
You got power of attorney given by your father, although that had come to end as soon he died but the property details must have been mentioned in it.
Secondly most properties in Delhi is under DDA, to check the details of the property of your father, it is advised to check with DDA and take necessary steps for transfer of the property in your names, also get heirship certificate from the SDM office of your district, that you can check and apply online in Delhi district website.

Sir, in POA details of khasra is mentioned and full address of property, with equal rights to me and my brothersto maintain, pay muncipal taxes, further sale, tranfer, rent out, and it also says father will not claim the rights back in future is it "irrovavcable POA"?
Also what reference documents do i need to apply for certified copies?
please your guidance will be very much helpful.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 February 2019

For applying certified copies of property descripttion of the property is most essential.  The descripttion includes House number, Survey No..boundaries, the way how he acquired the property, extent etc.  These details may also be available with Corporation if your father was paying taxes.  The most important thing is that of possession and how it is being used and by whom, as you are not in possession.  If you are in possession you might have got the details of property etc.  As the property is more valuable you have immediately contact a local advocate and move for early possession and mutation in your names.   You can also show the POA to Advocate to study the contents as to the objective of giving the POA and whether linked to benefits taken etc.,

Shashi Dhara   12 February 2019

E ,C means encumberances certificate in subregistrar office .whatever transaction made on that property will be mentioned in .ec.i.e u tell that Ur father purchased it in 1985then it will be mentioned in ec.that who sold and who purchased.in yr1985

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register