Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S S (student)     11 January 2019

Requirements of a valid will

Hello everyone!

I am getting my grandmother's will made in favour of her only child-daughter (my mother). I need some guidance.

My grandmother does not know English . But the will is in English. Is that a valid will? Or should I ask the lawyer to make it in hindi. My grandmother can read and write Hindi

For the property details do we have to list each and every piece of property or can we have a blanket statement covering her properties.

Please guide me on what property details should me mentioned for the following

1) Ancestral Property - Pieces of land

2) Ancestral House

3) House in her name

3) Jewelry

4) Money

Thank you.

Have a great day!

Learning

6 Replies

I just wanted to add that the properties are in different states - Mumbai and Uttar Pradesh. So do I need to get the will registered in two places??? Thank you

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   11 January 2019

U can register the will in any one state it binds to other state also.

Thank you Shashi ji. Any advice on the other doubts please?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     11 January 2019

The Will can be made only for self owned properties, cash and jewelry not any ancestral property. Secondly one Will drafted in English can be having attached true Hindi translation copy and both these can be signed by the testator. Will should be registrated at the station or district where the testator is living at the time of making Will.

Thank you Vijay Sir, this helps!

Shashi Dhara   12 January 2019

In immovable property he has to mention in schedule that survey no khata no boundaries assessment extent were the property is situated in etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register