LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAMI FAROOQ (Owner)     05 January 2019

311 application rejected by trial court

Due to my illness I could not conduct cross examination of complainant in trial court in 138 case. Now my lawyer filed application u/s 311 which was rejected by trial court. What options in sessions or high courts?

Learning

7 Replies

SAMI FAROOQ (Owner)     06 January 2019

Sir

I know my lawyer fooled me. What I want to know is how to appeal that order of rejecting my 311 application. Which court should I approach and how much time would it take to get an rder from the higher court.

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     06 January 2019

It appears that due to your negligence or illness, you must have lost even the last opportunity given to you for cross, but don't worry. File revision with session court, you will succeed. And also parallely pl move an application under S.145 of the NI Act. The application under S.145 cannot be dismissed by magistrate.

It appears that due to your negligence or illness, you must have lost even the last opportunity given to you for cross, but don't worry. File revision with session court, you will succeed. And also parallely pl move an application under S.145 of the NI Act. The application under S.145 cannot be dismissed by magistrate.
1 Like

SAMI FAROOQ (Owner)     06 January 2019

Thank you R Trivedi Sir.

The problem is that I was in hospital for 8 days and due to that there was no communication with my lawyer.

Wgat is S145 application? I have appointed a new lawyer but he says we should challenge in sessions court after judgement only.

S.145(2) of NI Act gives accused a right to cross examine the complainant. Pl file revision in sessions and also file application under S.145 for cross examination of complainant. Hire a decent lawyer, the onus of presumption is heavily against you, so ordinary lawyer may get you into problem.

S.145(2) of NI Act gives accused a right to cross examine the complainant. Pl file revision in sessions and also file application under S.145 for cross examination of complainant. Hire a decent lawyer, the onus of presumption is heavily against you, so ordinary lawyer may get you into problem.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 January 2019

What is your locus standie / concern to the complaint ? Whether you are complainant or accused or counsel for either of the parties? 

If your lawyer did not cross-examine  the witness (in one date, as stated by you) no court shall close evidence but will definetly give an opportunity and adjourn the case, if someone has represented / requested for you.

Besides this, the Court shall not dismiss application u/s 311 Cr PC in such cicumstances as stated by you.

Unbelievable fabricated story.

Prima facie it is an academic exercise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register