LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajasekharan V M   11 November 2018

Supreme court judgments related to validity of orders without signature

Sirs, First of all I am expressing my sincere gratitude for enrolling me a Member. I humbly request you to extend your valuable advice and help in the following. I am a Government servant in Kerala. I was relieved from the office on the basis of an unsigned 3 page document ( I am using the word "document " because it is not having signature or initials of any one) by the Head of the office and the head of office has also permitted my substitute to join without the Relieving order from the office where he was working earlier. I was relieved and my substitute was permitted to join on the date marked in the unsigned document itself. Later on when the signed order was published without any changes in its content and date in the unsigned 3 page document, the order is having two pages only. The copy of signed order has not been given to me. Is an unsigned document is valid as per law? Whether it is the right of the employee to get the copy of a signed transfer order while he was relieved without his request? Whether the head of office can relieve an employee from the office on the basis of an unsigned document? Whether the head of office can permit an employee to join without the relieving order from the office where he was working earlier? Whether the knowledge that an order is under process is sufficient to relieve an employee from an office? Is there any Supreme court judgment stating that only knowledge of an order is sufficient to relieve andemployee and copy of the order need not be made available to the employee? If so kindly provide the details and copy of the same. Kindly give the legal opinions and details of Supreme Court judgments by which I can challenge the action of the authorities. If possible the copy SC Orders by which I can challenge the action legally may be send to my email id. With regards, Rajasekharan V M

Learning

1 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     11 November 2018

pl let us know how you came to know that the alleged document was not signed or not having any initials of the officer?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register