Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshay Sharma   12 October 2018

insult of sailors

r/sir,
im a sailor from indian navy. There is a golf ground in one of the naval establishment where officers play golf for their leisure. However, sometimes sailors are sent to maintain it like grass cutting around the ground and some other work related to that but the shameless thing is there is a board placed in the entrance of ground on which " DOGS AND SAILORS ARE NOT ALLOWED" is written because of which I feel very insulted.
can I file a case aginst this in civil court?
if I lodge complaint in higher authorities in navy itself they will not listen me afterall he(higher authority)
is also an officer.
pls suggest me

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     12 October 2018

Dear querist,

You may file writ petition at High court or Supreme Court under article 21 of constitution of India for protection of fundamental right.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

1 Like

Siddharth Jain   12 October 2018

The Constitution of India has several provisions which grant certain fundamental rights to its citizen, which includes right to equality.

Article 14 guarantees Equality before Law.

Article 15 prohibits state from discrimination on the grounds of religion, race, caste, s*x and place of birth.

You can file a writ before the concerned High Court of the State or the Supreme Court as Discrimination on this ground is prohibited by Article 15 of the Constitution.

For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register