LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

section 107 cr.p.c

I am an IAS aspirant and charged under section 107 cr.p.c and was taken to the magistrate court for mutual settlement.

the case is closed on agreement of both the parties .No FIR is done.

I want to know if this can cause problem for background check done?

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)
please answer taking IAS/IPS into consideration

Sachin Bansal   12 September 2018

Hi bro, yes it may cause problem during background verification. In that case you will have to get NOC/Clearance certificate from your nearest police station and submit to the concerned department.

(Guest)
107 doesn't cause any problem for police clearance certificate as section 107 is defined as warning nature

(Guest)
as per my knowledge

(Guest)
does section 107 comes under criminal antecedants?

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 September 2018

In Madhu Limaye and Anr. v. SDM Monghyr and Ors. 1971, Supreme Court has explained the terms public tranquility and public order so that there are no grounds for confusion; the court held that public tranquility and public order partially overlap each other. While a person playing loud music may disturb public tranquility but not the order. The expression public order although includes tranquility, it also presupposes the absence of insurrection, riot or crimes of violence.

The executive magistrate mentioned in Section 107 is a part of the executive wing of the government and not the judiciary. This section has specifically vested powers in the hands of an Executive magistrate to show cause such person about whom s(he) may have received information as stated above. Such information may be received by a police who has witnessed the said person regarding whom the police may have an apprehension of committing a breach of peace or public tranquility. It is to be noted that section 107 does not vest any power in the hands of the police to arrest. However, according to a consultation paper on the law relating to arrest written in 1999, by the then chairman of law commission Justice B.P. Jeevan Redd, it was found that

this provision (Section 107) does not empower a police officer to arrest such persons. Yet, the fact remains that a large number of persons are arrested under this provision as well.”

1 Like

(Guest)
@rama chary rachakonda
sir so according to you what is your opinion regarding IAS/IPC,as per your answer I found there is no need to worry ,
can I carry on with my preparation for IAS?
firm answer in yes or no will be appreciated.
thank you

(Guest)
sorry sir for being to critical about this issue but,
I have been charged by district magistrate, is there any need to worry?

TGK REDDI   13 September 2018

No matter, because you're not convicted.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register