LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moksh Construction   16 August 2018

Equitable mortgage

on my father flat my cousin has taken loan and father's flat is mortgage as equitable mortgage with bank and cousin has not paid the bank loan and now cousin is dead then now. what I have to do . father nd cousin has broken the relation before he dies what we have to do to free our flat from loan.
Father wants to sell the flat and original documents has taken by cousin for bank procedure and bank has not issue any letter or anything to us for any loan dues of my cousin.

pl help me

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 August 2018

You can only beg some mediators that related to both of you, explain the borower's family what you have got in helping the borrower and bring pressures for their return of money they borrowed.

You have not explained as to the nature of loan and whether primary security is available or not.  If there is no primary security, the bank may proceed on collateral security of  your father's property and refund the surplus if any after adjusting their amount.

Bank can not remain silent, or sympathetic as they have provided you the public money they have borrowed as Deposits from General public, and for your personal relations, they are never bothered.

Now almost all banks are taking most drastic steps on war footing.  Also remember that they might have taken your father's personal guarantee also in addition to collateral security, and those properties of your father, in addition to that property that was offered as security are at stake.

Even when borrowers are having assets, first they proceed against that asset that was mortgaged to them only.

1 Like

Moksh Construction   16 August 2018

sir thank you so much
Bank never issue a single notice or any paper to my father and now that borrower is died and now their family is not answering us. and telling us that you pay the due and remove your property. and When my father visitied the bank .Bank told us that you are not allowed to ask any questions regarding loan. we have not given loan to you if borrower or their hier will come then I will give u details.
property is mortgage as equitable mortgage for borrower
1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 August 2018

It is highly improper on part of the bank in disclosing the particulars to a co obligant.

Make on line complaint in the name of your father to the bank as follows:

To

Customer Care,

.............Bank

1.This complainant.......................................has offered his property as mortgage to the loan account of..........................at .......................Branch.

2.The borrower expied on...................and present status of the account is not known.

3.Complainant has on..................personally called at the branch for knowing details of outstanding and status and met one...............................of the branch.

4.The concerned officer refused to disclose any details or fact in he account, ignoring my status as co-obligant.

5.Please be informed that as  co-obligants rights are denied illegally,  the guarantor's obligations with that account cease to exist.

6.Please take this notice/complaint on record for improper and illegal actions of Branch to avoid further disputes in the account.

(...................)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register