Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MM Joshi   24 July 2018

Harassment by husband

Dear Experts,

I need your valuable suggestion on the below. My friend’s sister had been married in 2014. Till then her husband misbehaving and torching her continuously. He is drinker and addict. She never compliant to her parents about the cruelty by her husband. She report to her mother in law but she deny her and always favour to his son.  He had left the job after marriage and staying home always…the harassment  was not stop any way.  when the economic condition of house is very bad my friend’s sister start to working in a factory to livehood at Rudarpur Uttarakhand. During these  she get pregnant so she was not able to work after 7 months. He still drink and always beaten her.  4-5 times she demanded some amount for livehood from his parents yet the situation was worst day by day. She was much afraid when her husband beaten her after drink . For sake of her child and her life unsecure she leave her home and returned to her parent home at Almoda Uttarakhand.

She had  bear all above and she believe that her husband will  on track, and start to work but all was vain. Finally before one year she urge them to please allow her to be with them. Her parents take her and her child their home.

During this her mother in law send a legal note from her advocate, stating she has stolen  valuable jeweler, utensils etc.. as falsification charges. She is from 1.5 year with her parents but never her husband come to  meet her and his baby never give her any financial support.

After drink he always call his wife (my friends sister) she is very depressed and not ready to go to her home. She added she can go to her home with her baby once he started to work and leave the habit of drink wine etc.. She is quite afraid and not ready resume her home.

Finally she filled a report to Mahila Thana at Almora. Thana in charge call his husband and mother for discussion. Police in charge said she ( to my friends sister) must go again to live with her husband alongwith her child, if he still misbehave she can contact Mahila Thana almora, her husband with her mother living at Kashipur. But my friends sister said she will go with him once he start working , if he start working leave drinking she can start living him again after 2-3 months of working. She said I am not secure with them.

Mahila thana official stating if she deny to go with her husband and mother in law, they will transfer the case into Kashipur Police thana  so she have to attend the face to face discussion at Kashipur judication only.

My request and question are what should she do now.  ???  She belong to very poor family. She is not able to go to court for justice because of financial conditions. Can she approach to Uttrakhand Mahila aayog or any NGO at Almora Haldwani area who can help her for justice. What should she do ??

Could the Mahila Thana tranfer the case to Court for further action on the matter or she herself file the case to court with consent of her ( my friends sister) ??

Your valuable feedback on the issue is required please help she is from very very poor family. Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Vikas Tiwari (Advocate)     24 July 2018

Boss,

If she cannot afford a lawyer because of her financial condition, she can avail a Free Legal Aid from the concerned District Legal Services Authorities situated in the District Court. No fee is required to be paid to the Legal Services Advocate.

It’s a very simple process, she only required to approach the District Legal Services Authorities in the concerned District Court, and can request by a simple application on a plain paper / or by prescribe form (if any) along with her personal details she can request for Free Legal Aid.

1 Like

MM Joshi   24 July 2018

Thanking you so much Tiwari Sir for such important suggestion. 

1 Like

bhakti bhosle   25 July 2018

she can approach free legal aid Service at concern district court.. definitely she will get free legal services.
1 Like

she can approach free legal aid Service at concern district court.. definitely she will get free legal services.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register