Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak sharma   30 June 2018

Where to get a copy of Power of Attorney document of a land ?

I purchased a land 30 years ago in partnership with my friend in Delhi. The POA has my name as well as my friend's name on it. We constructed a house on that land. But after that my friend got greedy and refused to allow me to live in that house. Also, he refused to share a copy of the POA document with me. I kept quiet all these years because of some family issues. Now, I want to have my legal and justifiable share (money) in that property.

1) So how should I proceed in this matter(considering that I don't have the POA document with me) ??

2) Where can I get a copy of POA document from ??

Learning

10 Replies

Siddharth Jain   01 July 2018

was the POA registered?
1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 July 2018

He should have submitted that POA to any public authorities like Munciipal Corporation, water Board or electricity dept for getting some approvals and this includes Registration offices.  Contact an advocate friend as to how that POA can be put into use with public authorities.

You can file RTI Application and seek certtified copy of your own power of attorney for less than Rs.42 ( Rs.10 RTI fee + Rs.22/- Registration + Rs.10/ copying fees @ Rs.2/- per page)

Just focus and apply your mind.  He must have obtained POA for some specific purpose for using with Public Authority.  You can certainly get a certified copy from them.

Search RTI Rules and regulations of that authority in locating Public Information officer, format of application and on payment of RTI fee.

This is simple and don't worry on this aspect.

1 Like

deepak sharma   01 July 2018

@Siddharth Jain. It's a registered POA (registration process was done in Old court building , kashmere gate, delhi)..Please guide ..

@G.L.N. Prasad.. Thanks sir for your valuable input.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 July 2018

If it is a Registered Power of Attorney, you can immediately obtain such certified copy from Office of the Registrar,Old court building , kashmere gate, delhi). by paying less than Rs.100/

Apart from this, you can at any time cancel the POA given to others under law and may publish it for the use of Public in news papers as abundant precaution.

1 Like

Siddharth Jain   01 July 2018

You can get the certified copies of POA at Registrar office in Kashmere gate, after documentation and payment of requisite fee. For any other queries, feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 July 2018

POA - Were you the principal or the agent? The facts, as posted, lacks clarity.

@P. Venu. we bought the land from some other person through POA. So, as per my limited knowledge, that makes both of us (me and my friend) an agent. please guide further.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 July 2018

Mr. still you have not answered whether it is registered or not.  However as you are one of the Agent of POA, you can get the copy from the Principal of POA.  and the Principal of the POA may cancel the same during the period of 30 years.  so verify in Sub Registrar office where the POA was registered.  and apply to the sub registrar concerned for certified copy of POA.

@kavksatyanarayana. sir it is registered POA .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register