LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Simha Raju (lawyer)     22 June 2018

How to file RCR?

Can I file RCR on my own without lower support, if yes how to go ahead?

Learning

2 Replies

Raghav Arora   23 June 2018

Even you can file an RCR on your own i.e. as Party-in-Person without hiring a Lawyer. But this requires knowledge about Family law, Indian Evidence Act, etc, some level of exposure to the Indian Legal system and an ability to navigate the maze of procedures that accompany with it.

Simply submit a petition for the same in the civil court of the jurisdiction where you stay or got married.

In the detailed procedure, the following steps are followed:-

1. The aggrieved party files an RCR petition in the district court. This petition can be transferred by an application in the High Court or the Supreme Court.

2. Copy of the petition is sent to the respondent with a hearing date from the district court.

3. The Court requires both parties to be present on the hearing date in front of the Hon’ble judge.

4. If both the parties are not available then another date is given.

5. After this the court sends the party for court counselling.

6. The Court counselling is done mainly by family courts and usually goes for 3 to 4 times. This might take 4 months approximately.

7. Based on the counselling and the statements made and keeping in view the conduct of the parties the judge finally grants the decree. â€‹Good Luck!

1 Like

Simha Raju (lawyer)     23 June 2018

Thanks for helping me sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register