LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshay   15 June 2018

Definition of family for a single girl

For making my parents avail the society amenities, I have been challenged that they are not my family. I am not married and own a property in Gurgaon I want to know how the family is defined since the argument was family means only spouse and children and may be dependent parents with no source of income. For a girl child that is not married, how is this applied?

Learning

4 Replies

Raghav Arora   16 June 2018

Hi! Thanks for the question! As per the provisions enumerated by the Guardian and Ward Act, being an unmarried daughter, and an earning hand, your dependent parents are your family and nobody can prevent them from using the amenities available in the society which you are entitled to being an owner of a unit in the society.

The society's administration must be advocating their argument on the bases of the policies that they have framed, however, it is absolutely wrong to contend that family includes only the spouse and children for a girl. 

You can file a suit in the civil court if the society's administration does not cooperate. Good Luck!

1 Like

Siddharth Jain   16 June 2018

your society cannot stop your parents from using the amenities of the society as per law. the rule made by the society is untenable you cannot be sustained as per law. you can file a complaint to set aside the set arbitrary rule to the registrar of cooperative society.

For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com
1 Like

Akshay   16 June 2018

Thanks Raghav, much appreciate the inputs. I will consider the further course of action post checking how it has been documented for the society. It could very well be a personal opinion of the estate manager talking to me. Thanks Again !

Akshay   16 June 2018

Thanks Sidhartha,

Will revert. Checking on few more basics and if this is documented somewhere in the society's rulebook.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register