LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     06 March 2010

Complete Justice

First Basic Structure. Now complete justice.  Is it the precursor to laying down law?

SC: Judiciary can do complete justice under Article 142 2010-03-02 ---
The Supreme Court has ruled that the higher judiciary can use its power to do complete justice under Article 142 of the Constitution only in exceptional circumstances where the existing law fails to do complete justice.

Learning

19 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     06 March 2010

Blame, blame whom to blame?

Courts will take 320 years to clear backlog cases: Justice Rao

Cases that will accumulate in 320 years have perhaps not been taken into account.

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     07 March 2010

This position is solely attributed to the poor quality of law education in the country.  All law graduates should be barred to take up professions other than Law and should all be given opportunities to serve the judiciary either in the front-end or back-end.

2 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     07 March 2010

Read the comments of Justice Bilal Nazki on the qualify of Judges.

In a radical suggestion, India's Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan on Sunday said that judges, lawyers and social activists should give "due regard" to the wishes of a rape victim if she chooses to marry the rapist or have the baby conceived from the crime. 

This is nothing. Some extraordinary radical suggestion cannot be ruled out like pardoning the murderer.

2 Like

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     07 March 2010

you are great  agrawal sir.

you wrote the words of my inner mind.

art 142 clearly shows that there is a huge chance of injustices. i do not know how much injustices are done in last sixty years, in the name of justice

I think the judges are more frustrated than the litigants.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     07 March 2010

why do you think so?

yes honest judges may be frusteted under this corrupted enviournment.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     07 March 2010

Judges must be made accountable for their judgments and work. The work of judiciary must be audited like any other work is audited. Irresponsible judiciary is a bane of this country. 

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     07 March 2010

Yes, it is poor or sub std.  quality law education and lack of apathy towards this nobel profession has attributed this problem. It is impossible for the judiciary to do complete justice in present set up.  "If wishes were horse, beggars would ride them."

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     08 March 2010

The belief of general public on this so-called system in the name of Rule of Law is eroding day by day and Rule of Monarchy seems replacing it very fast.

Can we honestly findout reasons of this dangerous sitation???

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     08 March 2010

Rule of law

It is also known as dictatorship of the majority.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     08 March 2010

I think in terms of evolution of political institution, democracy is in its last stage. It will replaced by something better- what, I dont know today.

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     08 March 2010

Law colleges in the country have become an asylum for those who fail to gain admissions in other institutions.  As long as this position prevails there is scope for Complete Justice on any pretext

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     09 March 2010

Quality education is the solution. For every professional, while getting license to practice, there must be tough standard. Also, they must be evaluated time to time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register