LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran (TRET)     04 March 2010

Cheated by Builder

This is regarding complaint against the builder who had charged us higher than agreed amount. I am working in Pune and given the contract for new house at my native place in Kundapur. My house in located near Kundapura (Udupi) Dist, Mangalore – Karnataka State.

We have made the agreement of construction cost for Rs.13 lakhs and now the builder have produced the bill of Rs.18 lakhs which is not clear to us.

The builder is claiming that we have made extra changes in the project plan and so charging more. Only change we have made is instead of Marble flooring, we asked to put Granite – (Only in ground floor). Since it is duplex house.

Moreover he had delivered the house that does not comply with the specifications agreed upon. Till now we have paid him amount of Rs.16.25 lakhs through cheque.

Now he is demanding for payment of complete amount. We are not happy with the work and want to fight for justice. Please consider my request and kindly suggest me in this matter.

Learning

6 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     04 March 2010

Sir, file a case in consumer forum for deficiency of service, as he has not delivered your house as specified in the agreeent. First send him a legal notice and then file a case.

1 Like

Kiran (TRET)     05 March 2010

How do I file a case in consumer forum. Is this facility available thru online? I have decided to send him a legal notice from locally in Kundapur.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     05 March 2010

Yes, Sir, your lawyer at Kundapur will send a legal notice. And also,  your advocate will file a consumer case for you. It is not done online.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     05 March 2010

Suchitra is correct.

1 Like

Kiran (TRET)     08 March 2010

Thanks Suchitra for your inputs...

I shall contact the lawyer locally... In general do you have any idea - howmany days / years does it take to resolve this kind of case?

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     09 March 2010

Kiran ji, we cannot say exactly about the time taken by Courts to resolve such issues. But I think it may take two years approx.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register