LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Villain   21 April 2018

consanguineous marriage

sir... me and my mother's younger sister's daughter are in love with each other and we want to marry.... what are the disadvantages of this marriage.. are we valid for such marriage.. what are the difficulties we face If we did so.. what are the social effects on us.. Pls inform me

Learning

12 Replies

Siddharth Jain   21 April 2018

are you a hindu?

Villain   21 April 2018

s sir.. I am a hindu

Villain   21 April 2018

Pls tell me all the details sir..

The Hindu Marriage Act however forbids marriage between first cousins (such as in your case), unless it is considered the custom of that region/ community. So essentially if your family traditions would allow marriage between cousins (such as in South India) - it would be considered valid. Else while you may marry your cousin, the legality of the marriage as well as progeny from it would be doubtful.

Villain   21 April 2018

sir.. but we are in strong love.. can't imagine separation of us.. what could we do now sir

i really can't do anything to make it legal. Its clearly forbidden.
For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com
1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     21 April 2018

Your marriage will be within the prohibited degree and it is sapinda relationship. Such marriage is not valid as per hindu law.

Villain   21 April 2018

but I am afraid that she would do something to harm herself... what can I say her and how could I convince her

Villain   21 April 2018

thank you very much Siddharth sir... for ur kind information

TGK REDDI   21 April 2018

Marriage against tradition is defined.    Sex aganst tradition is not.    Many north Indians laugh at the traditions of south Indians.     But they don't laugh at people committing s*x with prohibited relations.     On the other hand, many people. using double meaning language, boast of such s*x.

TGK REDDI   21 April 2018

Sadist laws can't help the Questioner whose problem is genuine.

Villain   21 April 2018

sir.. I can't convince her... she is saying that she will die if our parents don't agree for our marriage

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register