Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanka Gupta   25 February 2018

education for married woman

I m married since 1.5 years.
I hv no child. I hv cleared my post graduation exam just now which I want to pursue.
my inlaws refused me u cant study.
I told them I will pay for my education.
I told them I will come back home everyday.
they wants kid now.. my inlaws.
I told them I will hv them in my second year.I complete all my family responsibility as well.
still they dont want me to study.is there any right for woman to study after marriage.

still they

Learning

16 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     25 February 2018

You have every right to study.

But What is your husband's stand in this?  Is he openly supporting you or not?  Whether your husband is educated?  What is his qualification?

In which Town/City do you live?

he is not at all supporting me
he is an MCA master of computer application.
and m a dental surgeon I hv cleared all India post graduation exam.

we reside at delhi

his parents i.e. my inlaws r clearly saying we will not let u study.
u should had told us bfr marriage that u want to study.
is education a crime. why r these old age school open then

I mean my inlaws r saying u cant study after marriage nd it is not ur age now. Old age schools hv no age boundations

Can anybody tell me please if it is legally acceptable to get education after marriage if girl is fulfilling all family responsibility as well

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 February 2018

The facts posted suggests no legla elements. The matter is purely of your discretion. Make a wise decision.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     25 February 2018

You have right to education and protection of life and personal liberty under the Constitution of India no one can stop you for it. You want to continue your post graduation and not being supported by your husband and in laws this amount to mental cruelty towards you. You must make things clear with your husband rather in laws because he has married you and to continue the marital life and becoming parents has to be decision of both of you not your in laws.

You and your husband should go for family counselling and mediation which will help you both to find amicable sloution to your problem. I'm associated with the Principal Panel  of the Mediation And Concilation Network , India where such Family matters are takenup and resolved amicably. You may check the link.

https://india.mediationhub.org/expert-panels/representative-panels/principal-panel/

1 Like

Live separately, study n earn

Thanku sir for information. I m really seeking for it. Also my family had gicen thrm 10 lacs in form of cheque. Earlier it was to b given in form of car but later on they said it has to b given in form of cheque. So on the date just day after marriage.. my parents had submitted a cheque of 10lac in my husband account. Can I use that for my education He us saying that it is his money n can be used only for buying car . He is already having one.he will not let me use that money at any cost. I want that to be used in my education.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     25 February 2018

The amount of Rs10 lacs given in the form of bank cheque in your husband's name, is your Istridhan and you have right to use as you so desire. If the husband say it's for him as part of dowry then he's calling for trouble. The money was for buying new car for husband or not, if he's so much interested in it let him make written demand from you to give that money for his new car, after this he'll be in big big trouble, nothing more to add.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 February 2018

Your subsequent posts suggests that there are deeper issues: it is not just a consent of continuing education, but more of a marital discord. There are laws in your aid; the matter is at your discretion. 

Mr. Ramesh Sigh thanku for replying but
I didnt get ur point abt holding hands of parents? can u explain

thanku Vijay Raj Mahajan ji .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register