LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sekar   20 February 2018

Partia 498a quash ground for divorce?

If A2 to A7 except A1 quashed in 498a in high court, is it a valid ground for divorce?

Learning

10 Replies

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     20 February 2018

Assuming A2 to A7 are your family members, it can, coupled with other grounds, amount to cruelty and be a ground for Divorce.  However, if you can wait till A1 also gets acquitted, it will be a better ground. 

1 Like

Sekar   20 February 2018

A2, A3, A4 are my parents and sister, A5, A6, A7 are maternal uncles.

for A1 trial it may take years, so i want to make use of this quash for divorce.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 February 2018

Your own lawyer must have also advised you.

Involving family members in false cases is cruelty.

Contest your remaining case properly with the help of your own very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters and having successful track record

1 Like

Sekar   20 February 2018

Yes, he advised the same, as a second opinion I am asking the same in this forum, and thank you for your prompt reply and advice.

In disputes whatever IT is  if OP involves Office darbaan, Mohalla Chowkidar, etc etc let the OP do it.

The court shall pierce and lift the veil...

Trust your counsel....

If counsel has lost your trust make him/her popular....

And change the counsel.... 

You are welcome....

Sekar   20 February 2018

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
In disputes whatever IT is  if OP involves Office darbaan, Mohalla Chowkidar, etc etc let the OP do it.

The court shall pierce and lift the veil...

Trust your counsel....

If counsel has lost your trust make him/her popular....

And change the counsel.... 

OP? Opposing Party?

I had seen 2 to 3 lawyers for couple of lawyers, I don't know why but at start before i give Vakalatnama all lawyers patiently try to listen to me and clarify doubts but once the vakalatnama  and fee is paid they ignore the calls, if i meet them personally they hardly give a minute to talk and try to give a single sentense answer and finish it off, that is why i usually comes to these forums.

Sachin (N.A)     20 February 2018

Originally posted by : Sekar
A2, A3, A4 are my parents and sister, A5, A6, A7 are maternal uncles.

for A1 trial it may take years, so i want to make use of this quash for divorce.

Implicating parents of husband in false case is mental curelty and thus is  strong ground for divorce.

1 Like

Sekar   20 February 2018

@Kumar @Sachin, I really appreciate and thank you for your valuable suggestions, it gives lot of moral support for the sufferers.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 February 2018

OP=Opposite Party.                        

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register