LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dev   27 January 2018

Divorce

I have been separated from more than 10 years from my wife who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and is admitted to an institution. I ofcourse pay all medical bills. I need to know how to go about divorce quickly. She has been in an institute last several years and we have no relationship other than me paying her bills. My daughter is 20 and lives with me. Plz advise quickest route.

Learning

6 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 January 2018

Not advisable for divorce at this stage when you're daughter is 20 years, herself of marriageable age. Why you want dissolution of marriage, real reason for it?

Dev   27 January 2018

I need to move on with my life.  I want to settle down with someone.  May daughter is fully supporting me and frankly thats my personal decision. 

TGK REDDI   27 January 2018

You can apply for divoce.

Dev   27 January 2018

Bro she is only 20... Don't give me stupid replies.. She will marry when she wants... Don't give me jaded responses

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     27 January 2018

Divorce on grounds of sickness is not a valid grounds, as marriage is based on togetherness in times of good and bad, sailing together through life stormy sea. But 10 years is more than enough. Schizorphenis is curable but in some acute kind of cases it can be also incurable as in your wife's case. Everyrone has a right to a blissful happy married life, and I don't think anyone will object in case you wish to marry again. Your case is very typical case and will be a legal dynamism, in case you filed for divorce. I am of the view that you have made out a case to divorce your wife, 

1 Like

TGK REDDI   27 January 2018

I'm , of course, unhappy with the Reply of Shri Ramesh Sigh but more unhappy with the reaction of the Questioner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register