LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishore   09 January 2018

Divorce regarding

Sir My daughter got married 18 months ago. she is well educated.

Before marraige boys father had hidden many things & projected himself as big business tycoon and also assured me that my daughter will lead comfortable life and can join his business,instead of wasting her life as home maker.

post marrage he and his son changed their mind & started taunting her,abusing her,humiliating her,degrading her, once her husband physically assulted her, for no reasons,just to keep her under control with male domination attitude, citing that females are meant for house hold work & are supposed to maintain lowly life by serving all members of her in-laws.

Now my daughter wants divorce from her husband in peaceful manner and we support her in this matter.

Please advice what are the steps needed to be taken.

Should we have to file police complaint first,or can we settle the issue amicably.

Also are we aligible to claim back all the expenditure incurred for the wedding plus what more.

We live in the society with good respect & dignity.

So I need Geniune advice accordingly  

Learning

5 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 January 2018

Your daughter married a man thinking of him as a full moon, but after marriage full moon disapear and she wants divorce after 18 months. Better talk the matter and try for mutul consent divorce.

1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     09 January 2018

No please don't get misguided by lawyers who advice you for filling police complaint as that will spoil your daughter's life forever. Best course is to settle the matrimonial dispute by divorce by mutual consent. See you must engage services of experienced senior lawyer for the process. The issue of permanent alimony, istridhan, child custody if any are issues which need to be settled by both parties and joint petition for the divorce by mutual consent can be moved by in the Family Court. If need be after 1st motion, the application for waving of the 6 months cooling period which is given by the Family Court can be moved by the parties praying on the ground of exceptional ground it may be allowed. This will hurry up the process and then you can move forward for her remarriage.
1 Like

kishore   10 January 2018

I Thnak you for your sincere advice.

kishore   10 January 2018

Sir Vijay Raj Mahajan Ji,

I thank you from the depth of my heart for your real geniune advice.

you have really explained it very well in short & in brief.

Thank you once again..

STAY BLESSED

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   11 January 2018

@ Ramesh Singh: Sir such outburst is uncalled for here

@Kishore Sir u can try settling issue amicably. Engage service of a lawyer to act as mediator.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register