Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harvee   29 November 2017

Approach for one time settlement

Experts

I have a divorce case pending in court for and on-going maintenance case Cr PC 125 for few years now

I am looking for one time settlement instead of monthly maintenance. Following are my questions

1. how shall I approach one time settlement discussions with other party? 

2. what are the ways I can make them come to negotiation? I tried but they dont seem interested

3. please point me to articles to read on 'what factors to consider and be aware for one time settlement?' 

4. how to conduct negotiations ?

thanks for your service. 

Harvee

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

In my previous ID I had adviced and written about divorec, maintenance, custody etc many articles.  I will provide you the link.

Next date you go to court, simply tel the judge that you are ready for 1 time settlement and make your offer price, for eg, yo u can pay 10 laksh, you say yo uare ready for 10 lakhs or whatever amount that yu o can give.  Court will tell the same to your wife, if it is acceptable, to her, she will nod. If she does not, then ask judge to send you for conciliation center, where you can bargain and do chaukasi for the price of your release.  Check your inbox.

1 Like

(Guest)

In my previous ID I had adviced and written about divorec, maintenance, custody etc many articles.  I will provide you the link.

Next date you go to court, simply tel the judge that you are ready for 1 time settlement and make your offer price, for eg, yo u can pay 10 laksh, you say yo uare ready for 10 lakhs or whatever amount that yu o can give.  Court will tell the same to your wife, if it is acceptable, to her, she will nod. If she does not, then ask judge to send you for conciliation center, where you can bargain and do chaukasi for the price of your release.  Check your inbox.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 November 2017

Discuss the matter with your lawyer for submission to the Court for referring the matter to counsellor 9attached with all Family Courts in India) or mediatior (part of every Court in India), wherein you can sort out all issues amicably with open mind without any sort of pressure or threats relating to case u/s 125 Cr PC, FIR/Complaint, guardianship, alimony and/or any other dispute(s).    

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 November 2017

You should (rather must) submit your "like" or "dislike" in acknowledgment of the obligation of FREE SERVICE provided by the experts on this platform.

Harvee   01 December 2017

Experts, Thank You very much.

Mr. Malhotra, I will read the article as you given

Mr. Vashista, thanks for your advice.

one problem here- I tried talking but opposite party is not willing for amicable settlement and wants court proceedings to continue. what are my options - firstly, making them come for settlement talk. secondly, agree for settlement. 

I will read the article provided too.

Thank You Experts. 

(Guest)

If they are not coming for settlement, best is yo ukeep remiding judge about  your 1 time payment on each date.

Ambycabin   07 December 2017

Harvee, Why not consider Fighting back! Give them tough fight, Win cases on merits.Dont Pay alimony,Pay Monthly small maintenance, They will come for settlement....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register