LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manas (larning)     20 November 2017

Pay protection

I am Currently Working in Coal India ( Maharatna PSU) with Basic pay of 26400/-. I have been selected in Uttarakhand Civil Service in Pay Band of 15600/- grade pay 5400. I had intimated Coal india about the exam and had given proper resignation. Can I apply for pay protection on joining Uttarakhand Government Service?

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

Intimation about the exam and application for exam through proper channel are two different events. if not applied through proper channel, you cannot expect pay protection.

Manas (larning)     20 November 2017

@JIGYASU...Thanks Sir..I have applied through proper channel

Kindly let me know whether i will get pay protection or not? Thanks

Kapil Sethi (Director)     21 November 2017

It would totally depend upon the new employer. You can request such a thing during the interview. They are not legally bounded to protect your pay but normally as a matter of courtesy and to satisfy you they may consider a few increments.

(Guest)

My earlier reply gives clear indication. It is up to you to interpret appropriately. Provided you fulfill other prescribed conditions for the purpose of protection of pay.

(Guest)

Dear Shri Kapil Sethi,

In the case of Government to PSU or vice versa, discretion of the employer has nothing to do where rules and Government instructions are already available.

Although the query of Manas is quite vague in the absence of the requisite data, the precise reply of Mr. Jigyasu is quite indicative of benefit available to the applicants, if he applies through proper channel. Protection is available only if the applicant goes to higher responsibility post and that the basic of the previous post does not exceed the maximum of the scale of pay on the new post.

1 Like

Kapil Sethi (Director)     22 November 2017

Dear Shri Dhingra
Thanks for your reply. As far as I am aware in the interview board we used to have power of giving maximium upto 3 increments in such cases. I am only refering to the Govt as employer. I certainly agree with you if there are changes in the provision which we used to have in earlier days.
Thank you so much for making me aware.
Best wishes.

Kapil Sethi

(Guest)

Dear Shri Kapil Sethi,

Pay protection is available for the last more than two decades to the employees on transfer through if applications are sent through proper channel, not otherwise. More so, the post on which transfer is sought should not be of lower responsibility or on lower pay scale.

Kapil Sethi (Director)     23 November 2017

Thank you Mr Dhingra. You are a highly knowledgeable person. There is so much which people on this forum can learn from you. My apology if you find me wrong. Best wishes.

(Guest)

Dear Shri Kapil Sethi,

Thank you for your appreciation. My efforts are always to provide sincere service by sharing my knowledge to the needy persons. I very well know even the authorities, sometimes falter in giving justice to the employees due to their own shortcomings or lack of knowledge.

Let me ensure you, my intention was not to prove you wrong, but to enable you to enhance your knowledge and skill, as a competent authority in a Government department where you can be expected to genuinely deal with and settle the cases of your subordinates prudently by not causing dissatisfaction of employees or attracting any criticism or ire of the employees union.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register