LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar...... (occupation )     20 October 2017

Forced marriage

as mentioned in another post, i married a divorce, the lady has been flip flopping her decision to marry me, after marriage she used to say " i was married off to you against my wishes" and now she is absconding from the house for the last 3 months, i have mobile call recording to prove that she was not interested in the marriage right from the begining.

can i use that evidence for nullifying the marriage ? she is a divorcee who extracted money from her ex husband. i WON 498a in my previous marriage.

what will be merits and demerits if she files for divorce on grouds of crueality ? will the court consider her history and mine ?

Learning

5 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     20 October 2017

Originally posted by : Kumar

as mentioned in another post, i married a divorce, the lady has been flip flopping her decision to marry me, after marriage she used to say " i was married off to you against my wishes" and now she is absconding from the house for the last 3 months, i have mobile call recording to prove that she was not interested in the marriage right from the begining.

can i use that evidence for nullifying the marriage ? she is a divorcee who extracted money from her ex husband. i WON 498a in my previous marriage.

This evidence can be the ground of divorce but not annullment.

what will be merits and demerits if she files for divorce on grouds of crueality ? will the court consider her history and mine ?

If she files divorce on the ground of cruelty, you can deny all the allegations and accept the divorce.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     20 October 2017

Good responds from Sachin.

Kumar...... (occupation )     20 October 2017

thank you for the suggestion, but since it is my 2nd marriage, i am not interested in loosing her, even though she extracted money from her exhusband !

Shakir Naveed   20 October 2017

in that scenario file case for restituition of conjugal rights to bring her back and defend if she files the divorce case against you.....
1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     21 October 2017

you may file a petition for RCR if you are Willing to live with her under section 9 of Hindu marriage act.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register