LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj   21 October 2017

Issue after reconstruction of house

My grandfather bought one 1600 sqft plot. but due to misguidance he constructed the house in 2000 sqft area. After 60 years i planned to reconstruct the house, so i demolished the old construction and started building the new one. while making was on process My neighbour came and requested us to leave 2 ft gap but i ignored coz i never knew that we need to leave some gap between two plots as i was just constructing on same area. when the walls reached some height my neighbour broke the wall (I have video proof but its pretty hazy coz of evening )  . we went to police station for the complaint and filed FIR that the person broke our wall, used slang and threatened to death , but in return he filed the counter FIR with same allegations. Police took the matter to court and after few months it slowed down and we also didn't took much interest as the process was harassing, needed money each time we used to go court, We have no idea what happened to that case. About the land we came to know that it was our fault up to some extent 
1: land on paper is 1600 sqft , but we built house in 2000 sqft,
2: when we asked RI to check the land we came to know that the half of the built up area is also in wrong land and in 1000 sqft there is someone else construction is there and there is a road connected to neighbours house
​3: We paid tax of 1600 sqft till date. 
I know its a mess around here but i need your help to come out of this scenario by suggesting me the best option to solve this issue in fastest way.

Learning

2 Replies

manoj   21 October 2017

when you are residing since from 60 years, though on papers you are having title for some extent, but you are possessing more extent, the excess extent will be in adverse posssession as per supreme court judgment. dont worry fight for the excess extent which is in your possession. the neighbour would have filed suit 6 decades back. it is adverse possession to you that excess land.

manoj

advocate

1 Like

Suraj   21 October 2017

Update: No suit has been filed on the land till date. We were happy before reconstruction. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register