LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Laksh priya (student)     05 October 2017

Divorce

This year january my cousin applied for divorce on grounds of cruelty. All procedures are over. On 19th of september our lawyer informed that marriage is dissolved by the court. He said he would give us the copy from court and give us. He told it will take time. But now when recently contacted he said that we should apply for copy. He also said that a notice will affixed on the court premises. Then only after when judge says to issue the copy the officer will issue. . What lawyer says is very confusing. what is the actual procedure. Please clarify... The jurisdiction of case is nagercoil cout. Is there any fee which should be paid to couet for obtaining the copy.?.

Learning

7 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     05 October 2017

If the court has decided the divorce petition and dissolved the marriage by decree of divorce, anyone can apply and obtain certified copies of the judgment and decree of divorce by applying at the copying branch of the district court and paying required court fee for the same. No further permission or order of the family court judge required for applying or obtaining the certified copies of the decided cases.
1 Like

Laksh priya (student)     05 October 2017

How many days does it take sir. As i said 19th of sep judge has pronounced judgement. Can u tell me the time period?

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     05 October 2017

The time period depends from Court to Court.  However assuming the lack of proper staff in all Courts and the approaching holidays, it should easily take around 1.5- 2 months. You would have to pay a minimal charge for the same. 

1 Like

Francesca DMello   06 October 2017

I got married to my husband on 18/05/2015 and I left him on 01/11/2016 as he is an alcoholic and wife beater.I have been living separately from 01/11/2016 till now.I would like to divorce my husband.What is the procedure? Where can I find a honest and good female divorce lawyer who is not expensive as I am a poor lady.What is the procedure in Pune as both of us live in Pune.Please advice.

Sorry I was married only for 6 months from 18/05/2015 till 20/10/2015 I left my husband on 21/10/2015 and have been living alone from that time till now...I don't want to live with my husband as he cannot be trusted at all and is still an alcoholic and wife beater.He is short tempered.He is mentally unstable.

I would like to know how to legally divorce my husband????

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     06 October 2017

Im assuming that you are Christian. You can file a Petition for Divorce under Section 10 of the Divorce Act on the ground of cruelty.  Approach the Legal Aid office of te Family Court in Pune. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register